Jennifer Dieringer, MSW, LICSW
For almost 15 years, Jen has cultivated a safe space for people to process their thoughts, behaviors, and hope for the future. She counts herself fortunate to provide this important experience for her clients. Jen believes that everyone has the ability to heal from complex life dilemmas with help of a supportive ally. Her counseling support engages positive change for children, teens, adults and families.
Jen has had extensive training in a variety of different therapeutic methods. She tailors each therapy session to meet an individual’s specific goals and desires.
Some of Jen’s areas of expertise include:
• Abuse and Neglect
• Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence for Survivors and their Children
• Grief and Loss
• Self Esteem/Self Acceptance
• Gender fluid and gender non-conforming individuals
• Positive Parenting Skills
• Foster Care and Adoption
• Counseling for Children and Teens
As a Child Mental Health Specialist, Jen operates from the fundamental philosophy that a child’s natural language is play. She creates an open and accepting space for children to communicate in many different ways through play therapy. With teens, Jen builds strong relationships with validation and empathy — and teens appreciate Jen’s call-it-as-it-is bluntness and humor.
- Master of Social Work, Clinical Psychology, University of Texas. Austin, Texas.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and Health Education, Linfield College. McMinnville, Oregon
- Professional License: LW60034703
Jen enjoys creating things in her spare time – painting, crafting, fort building, baking and strumming on her ukulele.