Kelly Newhouse, MS, LMHC
Kelly is a licensed mental health therapist and a transplant to Washington State. She specializes in work with adolescents and adults. While Kelly was completing her bachelor’s degree, she became actively involved with helping others on campus and within the community. Those experiences launched her on the path to a helping profession.
Kelly’s therapeutic approach includes providing a welcoming environment that promotes change, validation and empowerment. Kelly believes that counseling and working with people does not have to be a one-dimensional experience, but one that is creative, engaging and rewarding.
Areas of Expertise include:
- Emotion dysregulation
- Non-suicidal self-injury
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Adolescents & Adults
- Parenting Interventions
- Self-Esteem and Self-Worth
- Life transitions
- Strength based counseling
- Master of Science in Substance Abuse Clinical Counseling in Evaluation, Rehabilitation Counseling, East Carolina University – Greenville, NC.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology in Psychology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL.
- Professional License: LH60962152
In her free time, Kelly enjoys traveling, hiking, coffee and spending time with family.